Friday, June 3, 2011

Week 9 - drawing to a close :(

Time has flown in the blink of an eye. Before we even have time to notice, the course is over. It seems like yesterday when the panic seized me when I read the schedule and  thought I wouldn't be able to keep to it, because of the trip. Just to think what I could have missed:
  • meeting and discussing issues with Donna, Helo, Eldin, Mariangel, Katty, Ale, Ili, Mariah, Laye,  Eve,  Gilmar, Marci, Gabi,  Kafa, Alex,  Fernando, Luis, Annie, Harold, Galo,  etc
  • the mystery of interactive PP, Hot Potatoes, ANVILL, ABCD objectives, etc.
  • the stress when creating delicious pages, a blog, the interactive Power Point!!!! and the crash of the Internet when you mostly need it :(
  • the pleasure of creating the webquest and seeing the concentrated faces of my students;
  • the pride of having accomplished something new on my own - i.e. submitting the project report before the deadline despite the crashing Internet;
  • the feeling of having developed all kinds of intelligences, even the existential one,  in no time :D
I could compare the course to a good book or a film - at certain times you are stunned by the  sudden revelation that somebody out there can word the truths that we have sensed but never been able to express so clearly and profoundly. Here I mean the ideas of Alternative Assessment, the Multiple Intelligence Theory, and above - our ultimate objective - Learner Autonomy!
Teaching will never be as it was for me. Maybe in a small way but on a daily basis I will be using the things I have learned.

 If you do not believe me, you can come and check on me, and then we'll have a beer in the park.
 Love you guys
Ellie

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ellie,

    I really like your Week 9 reflection. You haven't missed a single thing. I especially share you thought when you said "you are stunned by the sudden revelation that somebody out there can word the truths that we have sensed but never been able to express so clearly and profoundly. A lot of new stuff we have learned or improved on the existing ones.

    I also thank you for your peer-working with me, you made a great review of my project-draft.

    Eldin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eldin,
    Thank you very much for your nice words, for the amazing things you made me aware of, for the great remarks on the project (I simply can't make the picture smaller, but do not want to sacrifice it :)
    You are the one most likely to have beer (or whatever) with - just 500 kilometers away !
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ellie,

    I totally agree with you when you say “Teaching will never be as it was for me. Maybe in a small way but on a daily basis I will be using the things I have learned.” That is the idea to apply and transmit our knowledge to our students to develop technological abilities and language skills the. This will be the way students can get the opportunity to solve their knowledge issues, by using online sources so that they will become autonomous learners.


    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Elli,

    I like your comparison when you say that this course is like a good book or a film. It is some time after I've read all the messages and left mine that a good idea comes to me and suddenly everything has a different color. We are all going to use what we've learnt in this course.

    And it'd be great if we could have that beer at one of the parks of Sofia.

    All the best, Juan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Elli!!
    Yes, time flies and we are about to finish this huge experience, which has taught us those many amazing tools you mentioned in your post. We have learned, and as I said time before, We are all in the same path to get our goals.

    During the first week I had the same feeling as you did. I was so frightened looking all that stuff, all those pages opened at the same time. It was really hard for me to keep on this path, but finally we all have done our best to keep on it.

    Hope some day we get to share that beer!!!!!

    Regards!!
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elli,

    It has always been a pleasure to read your posts and this is not an exception.

    We are not going to be the same teachers as we were before this course, that's for sure.

    I also hope to share a beer some day.

    Mariángel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ellie,

    Thanks for sharing your lovely thoughts. I would give the world to sit in a park and drink a beer. Maybe someday!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete