Saturday, May 28, 2011

Week 8 - tired........experts :)

We hardly realize what a great part of our brain this course has occupied. Whatever I do, working on it comes first on the list. And now that I see......6 days till the project, I wonder what will occupy the niche. One thing on the agenda is a three-day crash course on this course for my colleagues:) They feel envious (in the good sense) and want to have at least part of it. The other thing I have set my heart to learn is the interactive PP - I want to master it as well as all of you! Hot Potatoes (thanks to Alex) is another thing on the list. And also the other fun-creating engines - tools for educators, and so forth.
But this week's magic is the Voiceboard in ANVILL! This is what has been missing in our distance learning and would be a great tool for all the kids living far from enthusiastic teachers. 
But anyway, at first glance ANVILL is over my head  and have to show it and discuss it with "the Master of Disasters"- our school's admin. It is really amazing how far technology can take us teachers. Yet, there are some who wouldn't even bother to learn how to enter a pasword, or attach a file. We will be literally thrown overboard if we don't keep up. My students needed three seconds to see how zunal or quia work, and the next moment they were using them for the project. 
The Project! We are working hard on it. The first quest is under way and on Monday there will be a presentation and the assessment. There is some agitation, but maybe triggered by extrinsic motivation (end-of-year grades). 
As they say, changes don't happen overnight!



3 comments:

  1. Dear Eli,

    I agree with you when you say that there are still some teachers who don't worry about how they can improve their teaching process by using this great tool "technology".

    And I like the phrase you say "changes don't happen overnight. It is totally true, so we have to keep the hard work if we want the make the difference!

    Katty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eli,

    I strongly agree with you, I was wondering how I will spend the time that I have dedicated to this course so far!
    As you, this course has also provided me opportunities for sharing what I have learned with my colleagues. I'm part of a Project where teachers share their teaching experiences and I will present my project and how I will go on working with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Eli,

    I cannot agree more with you, during all these weeks we have learnt a lot and the most rewarding thing is that we can share the knowledge learnt with our students..

    EVE

    ReplyDelete