Saturday, April 9, 2011

Getting Going

It a leisurely Saturday morning - quite bleak actually with a grey sky and a lot of wind, a perfect excuse not to go out but to spend the day in front of the PC, enjoying that new craze - blogging! Messing with the templates was such fun, and it felt so rewarding! It is so nice when something like that awakes the child in us.
I can't wait to see my students on Monday after the week's holiday - I am sure they will welcome the idea of going semi-paperless (thank you, Gil:) and being given a free hand to share ideas, memories, videos, links. I will give extra points for that to motivate them. It will also encourage the ones who are shy, slow and  introvert.  
We have been discussing happiness, success and achievement in the last module, so that would give them plenty of material to share. 
Here is something from me for a start

Three things in life that, once gone, never come back -  Time, Words, Opportunity;
Three things in life that are most valuable - Love, Self-confidence, Friends;  
Three things in life that are never certain - Dreams, Success, Fortune;
Three things that make you - Hard work, Sincerity, Commitment;
Three things in life that can destroy you - Alcohol, Pride, Anger;
Three things in life that, once lost, hard to build-up - Respect, Trust, Friendship.
Sometimes to realise this we spend entire lifetime. 
And a song  (the sweet Irish memories of two years ago have materialized without even realzing it). On this day two years ago I started a TELL (technology enhanced language learning) course in Cork.
  

4 comments:

  1. It's a very nice blog. I like your font and "Three things..." post. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Eldin:) It took me a lot of time but I enjoyed it. Best wishes from Sofia to Bosnia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog! And you are new to this issues??!!!
    I love the photos you have in it.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Mariangel:)
    Yes, I am inexperienced in blogs, but not new to technology. The young look at me with condescension, but I do not mind that. It is easy, once you overcome your prejudices.
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete