Saturday, April 16, 2011

ABCD model beaten! Project hazily defined:)


What a week! First, being stressed by the seriousness of the ABCD model - after the first reading of the suggested material I thought I would never make it. I dared tackle it only on Friday, when Donna had elaborated a lot on my colleagues' attempts and finally (thanks  to Eldin, Helo, Katty, Mariangel, and the others, of course) managed to come up with something that is sensible and practical. We are often asled to define the long-term goals, rather than the daily ones, whose results accumulate little by little in the little heads of our learners:)

And again this week - what an abundance of  useful sites, found via new search engines. A lifetime is not enough to explore the videos, magazines, the sites for teachers. Bing is my new fav, and Helo's http://www.blinkx.com/ http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/ for books and videos are great finds.
And finally the project! An idea formed in my mind while walking far from the city, with the soft hills ahead and the blue sky above. It incorporates My map-ping, blogging, search engines, mysteries and only needs students' will and enthusiasm to implement it.
Next week we'll see :)


Spring is bolder, just like us

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Eli for your comment!

    I loved that video!

    Here is the youtube link, in case some other peers what to have it:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvfVopjx1zs

    That one you sent requires a facebook account. Luckily, I have one, but I'm not sure everybody does.

    Thanks for sharing your insights in such an inspiring way!

    I want to share this link a student showed me this week:

    http://accent.gmu.edu/index.php

    What a discovery!!!

    Have a peaceful and lovely weekend!

    Helô

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eli,

    You are a source of inspiration...

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Eli,

    Thank you soooo much for that video...

    So hilarious...What a nice way to start the day!

    Now... my two cents:


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeEJhW0_gqA

    We can use this video in the classroom!

    The context is the key thing!

    I hope we can expand on this issue about oral and aural skills in the coming week!

    Have a nice Sunday!

    Helô

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Thank you, Helo! This video also illustrates body language - so it can be used with beginners as well as with advanced. I like it very much. I liked so many things this week that my bookmarks are going to burst. I hope Delicious will solve my problem of forgetting where I have put my things. We seem to have become addicted to that course - eager to see what is happening next. It is busy week coming up - I wish you a fruitful time!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Eli...
    I am glad I have had the chance to visit your blog now. I am impressed and you are really a great blogger. A must follow!!
    Have a great week. It will be a short one in Brazil as we are having a long weekend for the Easter holiday.

    ReplyDelete